YPR Evening Newscast
- Vice President Mike Pence has arrived in Montana, where he will visit a coal mine on the Crow Indian Reservation before headlining an evening rally in support of Republican Greg Gianforte, who is seeking the state's only congressional seat
- Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders is scheduled to visit Montana next weekend to campaign for Democrat Rob Quist as he seeks a seat in the U.S. House
- Montana beef producers say they can’t wait to regain access to the enormous Chinese market after a 13-year hiatus
- Gov. Steve Bullock has signed a two-year, $10.3 billion budget that was a source of tension throughout the legislative session as he and lawmakers looked to close a revenue shortfall
- U.S. Department of Justice officials say a new audit has uncovered problems with how the Fort Belknap Indian Reservation managed $2.3 million in federal grants intended to address violence against women, substance abuse and tribal justice.
- Scientists in Toronto have named a newly identified dinosaur excavated from the Judith River Formation in Montana after a monster from the original Ghostbusters film