It’s around lunch time in Helena as city employee Patrick Marron stands at the controversial Confederate memorial fountain in Hill Park. It is the only Confederate memorial in the northwestern United States, and Helena Mayor Jim Smith said it poses a safety concern following last weekend’s violence at a neo-Nazi rally in Charlottesville, Virginia. On Wednesday night the Helena City Commission said they wanted the fountain gone.
- Mass Held In Barcelona To Honor Victims Of Terror Attacks
- Confederate Statues Were Built To Further A 'White Supremacist Future'
- Racial Issues Have Often Been A Test for U.S. Presidents With Conflicted Feelings
- As India's Climate Changes, Farmers In The North Experiment With New Crops
- Some Liberty University Grads Are Returning Their Diplomas To Protest Trump