It’s around lunch time in Helena as city employee Patrick Marron stands at the controversial Confederate memorial fountain in Hill Park. It is the only Confederate memorial in the northwestern United States, and Helena Mayor Jim Smith said it poses a safety concern following last weekend’s violence at a neo-Nazi rally in Charlottesville, Virginia. On Wednesday night the Helena City Commission said they wanted the fountain gone.
- From Israel, Quiet Efforts Are Underway To Aid Civilians In Syria
- Who Are The Confederate Men Memorialized With Statues?
- Maryland State House Removes Statue Of Judge Who Wrote Dred Scott Decision
- What We Know: Multiple Terrorist Attacks Hit Spain
- Do Laptops Help Learning? A Look At The Only Statewide School Laptop Program